Kyle Stevenson, Pure Hockey Marketing
So a couple of weeks back, we posted a list of some stick weights on high-end composite sticks and we got a really great response, so we are going to continue this over the next few weeks in some different product categories. Today we start with skates in the price range of $599.99 and up (other price ranges will follow).
NOTE: this is not necessarily a list of THE top lightest skates available; not every model is listed, but we feel this is a good representation of what is present on the market. Secondly, weight should not be your only criteria for purchasing a pair of skates! It is definitely a factor in a multi-step process of determining what is best for you. But it’s not the only thing you should be thinking about!
Weights were measured of a single skate, size 7.5D. So, what you see listed below is the skate model, the weight of a single skate in grams and then that weight doubled to represent the pair.
1) Bauer TotalOne NXG —-680g ——1360g ———- $799.99
2) Bauer Vapor APX —-718g ——1436g ———- $799.99
3) Bauer Supreme One.9 —-746g ——1492g ———- $599.99
4) Bauer Vapor X7.0 —-805g ——1610g ———- $599.99
5) CCM U+ CL —-830g ——1660g ———- $599.99
6) Reebok 20K —-833g ——1666g ———- $799.99
7) Reebok 18K —-834g ——1668g ———- $599.99
8) Easton RS —-843g ——1686g ———- $599.99
9) Bauer Nexus 800 —-890g ——1780g ———- $599.99
So there you have it! The Bauer TotalOne NXG’s top the list and the Supreme and Vapor lines follow close behind. Bauer has the top 4 slots! Let us know what you think and what else you would like to see compared in the comments section below, on the our Facebook page
and also at our Twitter page